A less than inspiring two storey office (and basement) building, dating back to 1954 has been replaced by a building that is, to say the least, different. We’re really not sure what it does look like – a new wing of the art gallery perhaps? – but it really doesn’t look like a typical 21-unit strata housing project. Boffo Developments built it “in consultation with James Schouw & Associates” – the initial proponent of the building five years ago, before a financial downturn saw a sale of the site, and then a relaunch with the new owners taking the lead. GBL Architects were the architects of record.
Before image, 2010; after image 2014